According to current market trends, an increasing number of mining companies are adopting the use of on-board scales for mining equipment and haul trucks. This is mainly because many mining companies are realizing increased levels of efficiency, throughput, and overall production with the adoption of on-board scale systems.
In most mining payload management processes, the objective is to minimize time spent weighing loaded trucks from a single location or weighing station. With the use of on-board scales, it is now possible to measure load weight in a much shorter period of time, as on-board scales are integrated on the vehicle or piece of equipment.
The Adoption of Innovative On-board Scale Technology
Most mining companies in the country are not only adopting different types of load management system and trucks scales, but also specifically advanced on-board scale technology. These scales are widely used in large scale operations that involve large vehicles and heavy duty equipment.
Spanning from on-board conveyer belt scales to on-board wheel loader scales, these weighing systems offer so many different applications for demanding mining sector. In addition, on-board scales for trucks also offer so many benefits. Let’s have a close look at some of these advantages.
Save Time and Money
One important aspect of these scales is that they help mining companies to save money and time. As they can weigh loads directly from the truck, or any other mining equipment, mining companies can minimize downtime by eliminating redundant stages in the payload process. Most on-board scale systems come with on-board read-out displays for easy data extraction.
The benefits of on-board scales for different types of conveyer belts and other mining equipment are also important to take note of. Mining companies can integrate them on number of vehicles such as backhoes and trucks as well as rail cars. Aside from mining companies, these scales can also be used for agricultural and farming applications.
One of the most well-recognized and comprehensive providers of on-board truck scales is WalzScale.com. Walz also offers on-board scales for a wide range of vehicles and industrial equipment.
Increased Efficiency & Throughput
The extensive use of these on-board scales also improves efficiency. Unlike conventional weighing scales, on-board scales optimize efficiency and throughput for various weighing systems and operations. Since it’s easy to track loads during transport, the time required to measure payloads is greatly minimized.
Other benefits of on-board scales is that they help to:
- Greatly optimize fleet efficiency by hauling maximum permissible payload on each trip without any need to go to a platform scale
- Eliminate any need to travel to certified scales.
- Load trucks to maximum weight quickly right at the loading point.
- Eliminate risk of overload fines and wear and tear on the vehicle
- Reduce fuel usage hauling at maximum capacity for less trips.
- Reduce regular maintenance costs and improve vehicle life.
- Eliminate any liability exposure due to longer breaking distance from overweight trucks.
- Better safety due to weight remaining within the permissible limits allowing braking distance to remain almost constant.
- Companies can measure both pickup and delivery weights, such as: waste removal, dirt, farm and diary products and recycled commodities.
- Much improved customers service by providing individual container weight or pickup to better assure your customers that they’re being fairly billed.
- Increase revenue as companies can more accurately charge individual customers on pickup or delivery operations.
- Better efficiency by recording load cycles, weights, dump cycles, and amount of haul back.
- With increasing use of wireless communications, onboard computers and GPS systems, now weight information can be easily collected and transmitted in real time back to main office.
The use of on-board scales is definitely here to stay. Most of them are easy to use and reasonably priced offering you the best possible user experience. Operators who’re using these hi-tech scales are getting the desired results!